Food Truck Insurance

Food trucks are here to stay, and we couldn't be happier!

From tacos, barbeque, and gourmet burgers to freshly caught seafood, vegan sandwiches, and desserts – food trucks are everywhere with delicious fare to satisfy every taste bud.  Whether your dream is to operate a food truck or you currently own a whole fleet, your business faces unique risks - injuries to customers, food poisoning, and your food truck being damaged or stolen, to name just a few. 

In Illinois, you must meet the minimum coverage limits to keep operating a food truck, with additional requirements to follow if you serve alcohol. A food truck needs to be insured by multiple policies that all work together to protect your business.

Businesses that typically need food truck insurance include mobile food trucks, lunch trucks, catering trucks, concession trucks, vending trucks, and ice cream trucks.

As a food truck operator, it's essential to understand what's covered and what's not, and because you are a business and a vehicle, you'll need insurance to cover both.

General Liability:

Your general liability policy will cover the following:

  • Physical injury: If an employee or your food truck injures a customer.
  • Property damage: If your operation damages nearby buildings or vehicles.
  • Reputational harm: If someone claims you have violated copyright laws.
  • Food poisoning: If a customer claims your business was the source of their foodborne illnesses.

Additional Coverages: Commercial Car Insurance, Commercial Property Insurance, and Worker's Compensation Insurance.

Many factors determine your rates – for example, the locations you sell your food in, the property value of your equipment, and your payroll for worker's compensation. Our professional advisors are experts at managing risk and have been protecting Chicagoland food truck owners for years.

Food truck insurance isn't one-size-fits-all. Contact us today to learn more.  

Request a Food Truck Insurance Quote 

Thank you!